Ⅰ. Phonetics (10 points)
In each of the following groups of words, there are four underlined letter combinations marked A, B, C and D. Compare the underlined parts and identify the one that is different from the others in pronunciation. Mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
1.A. mark B. warm C. ward D. war
2.A. three B. those C. thank D. theatre
3.A. wind B. kind C. find D. mind
4.A. plant B. craft C. grasp D. at
5.A. now B. knowledge C. bow D. allow
6.A. says B. plays C. stays D. days
7.A. leave B. scream C. head D. lead
8.A. resemble B. resist C. resolve D. respect
9.A. fault B. daughter C. cause D. laugh
10.A. crew B. new C. few D. dew
Ⅱ. Vocabulary and Structure (40 points)
There are 40 incomplete sentences in this section. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
11. Which is ______ country, the United States or Canada?
A. a larger B. larger C. the larger D. the largest
12. The silk feels ________.
A. soft B. softly C. softness D. softy
13. Two nuclear power stations _______ in the past ten years.
A. are built B. have been built C. would be built D. are building
14. They kept on ______ till they got to the foot of the hill.
A. to run B. running C. runing D. run
15. There is much work to do, _______?
A. isn’t it B. is there C. isn’t there D. is it
16. _______ as he is, he can’t understand the English film.
A. A student of English B. Though a student of English
C. Student of English D. Being a student of English
17. The old in the country _______ taken good care of.
A. have B. has C. is D. are
18. Not a single mistake _______ in the test.
A. he made B. did he make C. he has made D. made he
19. ______ my surprise, I got a high grade in this test.
A. For B. To C. To be D. On
20. She never agree _______ you, did she?
A. to B. with C. in D. at
21. Would you mind _______ a photo of you?
A. me take B. to take C. my taking D. me to take
22. The lady treats the boy well as if he ______ her own son.
A. is B. was C. were D. would be
23. _______ round the city, we were impressed by the city’s new look.
A. Taken B. Taking C. To be taken D. Being taken
24. He had a pain _______ his back.
A. on B. with C. in D. onto
25. The city _______ I was born is on the new railway line.
A. which B. that C. on which D. where
26. I had _______ that I would always remember it.
A. so a good experience B. such a good experience
C. so good an experience D. such good an experience
27. ______ give us help is welcome.
A. Who ever B. Whoever C. No matter who D. Those who
28. After running for nearly half an hour, I was ________.
A. out of place B. out of control C. out of breath D. out of practice
29. The mother told the little boy to do all the things _______.
A. on himself B. on his own C. to himself D. by own
30. You had better _______ a jacket, because it is cold outside.
A. take on B. to take on C. put on D. to put on
31. If you will do that, please take me into ________.
A. think B. thinking C. thought D. account
32. My pen has _______ ink.
A. run out of B. a few C. run away D. no little
33. There are, of course, bad teachers as well as ________.
A. good one B. some good C. good ones D. those good
34. “______ haste, the less speed” is good advice he often gives us.
A. More B. The more C. The morer D. Morer
35. You do look _______. You are not at all like a person who has been ill in bed for years.
A. good B. well C. sad D. disappointed
36. Some people like to eat apples. But some prefer bananas _______ apples.
A. to B. for C. with D. against
37. I _______ here two years ago.
A. moved to B. have moved C. have moved to D. moved
38. He is _______ strong a man ________ he can lift ten stones like this one.
A. such…so B. so…that C. such a …that D. so a …for
39. It _______ they who lent me the television.
A. was B. is C. were D. are
40. A famous Canadian doctor expressed the value of hobbies by saying, “______ man is really happy without a hobby.”
A. Not B. Without C. No D. None
41. Television broadcasts are ________ to an area that is within sight of the sending station of its relay.
A. prohibited B. bounded C. limited D. restricted
42. Many things ________ impossible in the past are common today.
A. to consider B. being considered C. considering D. considered
43. My parents wanted _______ me.
A. make a scientist B. to make a scientist
C. make a scientist of D. to make a scientist of
44. He has a bad habit of ________ others when they are speaking.
A. involving B. investigating C. interfering D. interrupting
45. I like that new watch very much, but I can’t ________it.
A. cost B. offer C. pay D. spend
46. Tom arrived at the office and discovered that he had _______ his door key.
A. lent B. borrowed C. lost D. no
47. The beautiful scene left a deep _______ on the foreign visitors.
A. thought B. idea C. thinking D. impression
48. The room is a little small; _______ it is so hot.
A. in addition B. in addition to C. additional D. adding
49. I wish I ______ her address yesterday.
A. know B. had known C. would known D. knew
50. It ______ yesterday. The ground is still wet now.
A. must have rained B. was raining C. rained D. had rained
Ⅲ. Cloze (20 points)
For each blank in the following passage, there are four choices given below and marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one that is most suitable and mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
Insure means to protect _51_ a loss of money. Most people can budget their money so that their income will cover expected expenses _52_ food, clothing, housing, and public services. But, there is no way to know _53_ who will suffer a crisis (危机) such as a serious illness, fire, flood, or a car accident. Such crises usually _54_ great expense. Even if people could predict crises, it would be hard to save enough money to _55_ the expenses. Insurance is a system _56_ a company collects money from many individuals and then pays certain expenses whenever one of those insured individuals is faced with a certain crisis. An insurance policy _57_ how much the insurance costs and how much the company will pay when a policy holder is faced with a certain crisis. There are many different kinds of insurance, _58_ hospital, motor-car and fire. Insurance can be rather expensive but most people buy insurance of some kind. Insurance is something _59_ people buy and hope they will _60_ need.
51.A. for B. from C. against D. with
52.A. such as B. for example C. that D. the same as
53.A. predict B. ahead C. in advance D. earlier
54.A. result from B. make C. take D. result in
55.A. cover B. pay back C. fill D. make full
56.A. that B. by which C. what D. where
57. A. said B. agree C. make sure D. states
58.A. include B. including C. as well as D. also
59.A. which B. that C. as D. like
60.A. never B. ever C. sometimes D. often
Ⅳ. Reading Comprehension (60 points)
There are four reading passages in this part Each passage is followed by five questions. For each question there are four suggested answers marked A, B, C and D. Choose one best answer and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
Researchers have found that REM (rapid eye movement) sleep is important to human beings. This type of sleep generally occurs four or five times during one night of sleep lasting five minutes to forty minutes for each occurrence. The deeper a person’s sleep becomes, the longer the periods of rapid eye movement.
There are physical charges in the body to show that a person has changed from NREM (non-rapid eye movement) to REM sleep. Breathing becomes faster, the heart rate increases, and, as the name implies, the eyes begin to move quickly.
Accompanying these physical changes in the body is a very important characteristic of REM sleep. It is during REM sleep that a person dreams.
61. According to the passage, how often does REM sleep occur in one night?
A. Once B. Twice C. Four of five times D. Forty times
62. The word “deeper” in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to which of the following?
A. heavier. B. louder. C. stronger. D. happier.
63. Which of the following shows that a person is NOT dreaming in his sleep?
A. His eyes begin to move. B. His breathing becomes faster.
C. His heart rate increases. D. His eyes stop moving.
64. The subject of this passage is ________.
A. why people sleep B. the human need for REM sleep
C. the characteristic of REM sleep D. physical changes in the human body
转载请注明：文章转载自 湖北成考网 [www.whxnf.com]本文标签：